August 2020 Lunch and Learn
Entrepreneurship Built on Project Management, is it Possible?
Given the reality Project Economy that PMI espouses, the "gig economy," and projection of majority of workers to be now 1099 or w9, and not w2 (full time employees), it would behoove for today's project manager professional to continue or start taking control of their career, personal and professional development. One of the tracks that really has not been "preached" is entrepreneurship. Although Scrum coaches will tell us to focus on a "business problem to solve or meet", to be entrepreneurial in business ownership, to add value to the organization --most stop there and the mindset around personal entrepreneurship stops there. The questions we like to explore with today's panelist are:
- Can project managers even be entrepreneurs?
- Where do I start my journey as an entrepreneur?
- How important is a personal mission, vision, goals and objectives to create a business model?
- What were the project management key skill sets, attributes, education, experience that can help me to become a CEO of my own company?
- Does project management and business analysis actually help me identify a problem, meet a business need, as a seed to build my new business model and service offering(s) that is or are currently unmet?
- What skills, training, mentorship should I undertake to start thinking like a CEO or a business owner?
- What has been Jimmy Godard's journey like, to reach new levels of achievement in non profit organizations like PMI Portland, Sherwood Soccer League, and now Global Compass speaking at BA World and PMI Global?
- Where do I look for bootstrapping or funding my new business?
- Given the Covid environment constraints, where do I even start where everything is now virtual?
- Open space, we will take the conversation but entrepreneurship built on project management will be our boundary during this lunch and learn.
We will take questions from the audience through sli.do as well contingent on the size of the audience.
Jimmy Godard is a strategic technology leader, past president of the PMI Portland Chapter. He performs the functions of Program, Change, and Service Delivery Manager for Bank of America and has been with the company for 21 years. He is the founder and president of Global Compass, a certified Goal Success Coach helping business leaders across borders lead with passion and purpose.
Sli.do Event Code: #pmiCEO. Post your questions and comments on sli.do if unable to pose your questions live on Zoom! We will track and moderate all your questions on sli.do.
Registration and Zoom access credentials, email [email protected]
Further questions and concerns, email [email protected]
NOTE: Online meeting details are provided in the confirmation email and will be sent again the evening before the session.
$0.00 PMI-CIC Member
$0.00 PMI-CIC Guest