July 2020 Lunch & Learn
We are excited to offer a new Virtual Lunch and Learn in July. This coming month’s topic will be Career Planning and Personal Branding! This will be a free 40-45 minute event starting at 12PM CST, and will be on Zoom platform. Our confirmed panelist is Niel Magsombol, Agile Transformation Coach and John Maxwell Certified Coach, Trainer and Speaker. So bring your lunch, coffee or favorite drink as we tackle today’s relevant career questions, such as but not limited to:
- I have not been furloughed, but seems to me my job role insecure, what should I do?
- I have not been furloughed, but seems to me my Job role is insecure, what should I do?
- I am a recent graduate, how do I stand out from the other candidates?
- I am thinking of a career in project management, but my major is Finance, what advise can you give me?
- I do not have any opportunities to manage my projects in Agile, we are a Waterfall house. What can I do to learn more about Scrum, XP, SAFe or other Agile methodologies?
- I want to make myself more marketable as I am in transition, how do I best network?
Niel is deeply passionate about human potential: "I believe we are capable of creating the extraordinary. And nothing gives me greater satisfaction than being able to positively influence and inspire people to use lean-agile principles to transform their organization into high performing teams that make life better for employees, customers, and the business.”
Some of the other accomplishments I’m proudest of include:
- Coaching numerous Agile Release Trains that supported $1.5B of business within Fortune 500 companies.
- Coaching several Non-IT Business Agility teams within Fortune 100 companies that increased their productivity by +50%.
- Attaining Caterpillar's Innovation Technology Development Division's Leadership in Action Award.
I utilize my knowledge of Lean-Agile Methodologies such as Scaled Agile Framework SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, DevOps and Lean Portfolio Management as well as my John Maxwell Leadership Certification to coach and train leaders to enable their organizations to deliver value in the most innovative and efficient ways possible.
As a speaker, I'm known for my infectious energy, knowledge, humor, and engaging style. I've spoken to diverse audiences all over Fortune 500 Companies, professional conferences, small businesses, colleges, non-profits and sporting events, speaking on a variety of topics such as Agile Transformation, Leadership, and Unlocking Human Potential."
Niel has a Bachelor's in Education from Illinois State University. His work experience includes:
- Agile Coach, Champion --Caterpillar
- Agile Transformation Coach --Cprime
- Sole Proprietor --In-vision
- Agile Transformation Coach --Vertical Trail
- Agile Advisor --BCG
His certifications include:
- PMP with PMI
- Scrum Master with Scrum Alliance
- Certified Kanban Coach
- John Maxwell Certified Coach, Trainer and Speaker
- DISC Behavioral Analyst Trainer
Sli.do Event Code: #pmiNiel. Post your questions and comments on sli.do if unable to pose your questions live on Zoom! We will track and moderate all your questions on sli.do.
Registration and Zoom access credentials e-mail support: [email protected]. You will receive a link to the meeting via email within 2 days of registering.
For further questions and concerns, e-mail [email protected].
$0.00 Member - July Lunch & Learn
$0.00 Guest - July Lunch & Learn