February 2020 Chapter Meeting
February 11, 2020
5:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Add to Calendar
Using the Power of Axiology to Deliver Project Value
- Does your thinking interfere with the value you deliver?
- When you're developing solutions, you constantly need to make choices. Pick this feature over that functionality? Address a need this way or the other? Which of two things is more likely to delight customers? Well, did you know that there is a mathematically-based science behind value judgments and valuations? In this presentation, Traci Duez will shine a light on your valuing habits, and how they manifest themselves in Agile and project management, and what you can do to improve things.
- You will discover how to: As it turns out, we all have valuing biases that get in the way of consistently making accurate choices. This is true whether you're in product management, project management, development, or testing. And if you subscribe to the Agile philosophy, value thinking is the primary tool you use (or unintentionally misuse)
- Use the mathematical hierarchy of value in your Agile implementation
- Notice when your valuing habits don't align with this hierarchy
- Measure and use your best valuing habits
- Overcome your cognitive biases to add or create the greatest value
About the Presenter
You are in for a real treat! Our speaker is…
Traci Duez has an international reputation for performance improvement and leadership development. She has worked with people from 95% of the Fortune 100 companies, as well as from government agencies and universities. Over the last twelve years, she has shared her inspiring and compelling message with over 40,000 people around the globe. She teaches a novel personal and professional development framework based in neuro-axiology (brain science + value science) that focuses on objectively measuring cognitive strengths and emotional intelligence. Her three-dimensional approach to growth is unique and powerful. In every presentation, she uses humor and stories to show her audience how to use their principal strengths to enhance their productivity and satisfy their purpose. Her mission is to help people get unstuck, master their minds, and finish each day's work feeling fulfilled.
Eastland Suites Extended Stay Hotel & Conference Center - Bloomington
- PDUs: 1.0 (Leadership)
- Pre-registration Expires: Preceding Thursday, 5:00 p.m.
- Cancellation Policy: RSVPs may be cancelled by 5:00 p.m. Thursday before the event. Cancellations after this time are treated as no-shows and will be invoiced. Send cancellations to VP of Professional Development.
- Substitution Policy: Substitutions will be allowed. Alternate Attendee will need to notify the registration desk at the meeting as to who he/she is replacing.
Meeting Agenda and Times
- Registration Opens - 5:00 PM
- Networking - 5:00 PM
- Dinner - 5:30 PM
- Announcements - 6:00 PM
- Presentation - 6:15 PM
$30.00 PMI-CIC Member - Dinner Buffet & Speaker
$20.00 PMI-CIC Student Member - Dinner Buffet & Speaker
$10.00 PMI-CIC Member - Speaker Only
$25.00 Student Non Member - Dinner Buffet & Speaker
$15.00 Non Member - Speaker Only
$35.00 Non Member - Dinner Buffet & Speaker